[wplug] suggestions for the new year

Sean McCune sean at sean-mccune.com
Tue Dec 18 23:54:54 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm new to the list...just signed up an hour or so ago...and have not
yet been to any of the meetings.  But I have several linux PDAs...a
developer's and consumer edition Agenda VR3, a Sharp Zaurus SL5000D, and
the original Yopy developer edition model (before the redesign).  I have
been actively doing SW development on the Agenda, am about to start on
the Zaurus (just got it), and have given up on the Yopy unless and until
the redesigned model ever makes it to market.

I'd be happy to do a "show and tell" with them at some meeting, talk
about capabilities, peripherals, net connections, SW development for
them, etc.

I have also been a VMware user, although I haven't used it lately.  As a
part-time consultant, sometimes I have needed to do Windows
development.  So I have used VMware so I could run Borland C++ Builder
on Win2K.  I have tried getting C++ Builder to run on WINE, and it would
work, until it got to the link phase, which would always bomb.  The last
time I tried using WINE for this was about a year ago, so I probably
should give it another go.  At any rate, I haven't done much Windows
development in the last 6 months that has required me to use VMware. But
I still have it, and could demo it and give people the nickel tour.

If you have established members who can handle this, then never mind.
Don't let me horn in.  I'll just come and listen.  :)   But I'm
available if no one else is.

McC