[wplug] Stuff for sale

DAVID G MATTHEWS dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Thu Dec 6 10:01:05 EST 2001

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Dave Neuer wrote:

> Additionally, I plan to use the money to buy a Create
> Technology Live!Drive I for use with my SBLive! to
> assist w/ my home recording adventures.

I wouldn't recommend an SBLive! for recording, with or without the live
drive.  I have an SBLive and have been disappointed. Also, alsa support
for the live drive is kind of sketchy, so if you're planning on doing your
recording under Linux, you may in for a surprise.  If you want a decent
cheap audio card that works well under Linux, the M-Audio and Terratec
cards have gotten pretty good comments on the Alsa and Linux Audio
Developers' lists.  These cards run around $150-200, and you have to order
them from a music dealer, rather tha a computer place.  (Check
www.musiciansfriend.com).  As for software, Ardour
(ardour.sourceforge.net) is now in a usable state.

-dgm