[wplug] Kernel installation woes on SuSE 7.2

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Fri Aug 31 22:49:45 EDT 2001

On Friday 31 August 2001 22:49, you wrote:
> Greetings,
> I just compiled kernel 2.4.9 (with low-latency patches) on my SuSE 7.2
> box.  The build itself went painlessly, but actually booting the kernel
> has been impossible.  I've built kernels before, so I knew how to update
> lilo, and I did remember to run lilo -C /etc/lilo.conf.  I copied the
> bzImage to my /boot directory, everything looks right (to me at least).

I know you said that you've built kernels before, but to me (I've never used
suse) it sounds like I need to ask this question:  Did you move the kernel to
/boot/bzImage before or after you ran lilo.  If you did it after than it
won't take any effect.   Probably a silly question, but I just wanted to
clear it up.

Zach

--
Zach Paine

For info on getting my PGP/GPG public key see:
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/key.htm