[wplug] stopped jobs

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Wed Aug 29 21:03:05 EDT 2001

Another option that I just recently discovered is a bash builtin, disown
-h.  If you start a program and forget to nohup it, you can use ctrl-z
and bg to send it to the background then use disown -h %<job> to tell
the shell not to send a HUP to the process if the shell gets a HUP.

I'm not sure if other shells offer something similar.