[wplug] stopped jobs

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Tue Aug 28 20:28:47 EDT 2001

Sometime in August liang zi assaulted keyboard and produced...

|Hi all!
|  Currently, when I start a job and then logout, the job stops running.  What
|I want is for the job to keep running even though I logout.  I remeber having
|this problem on another machine 2 years back, however, I forgot what file to
|edit and what to change in that file.  Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!
|
|thanks again!
|Nik
|
|P.S  in Redhat, does ne1 know the file to edit for graphical login?

are you asking how to make the computer boot into graphical mode?

if that is it look at /etc/inittab

there should be a line that has initdefault at the end. make sure the
number is 5. runlevel 5 is generally the graphical runlevel.
id:5:initdefault:

if you are booting into multiuser console mode the id will be 3

--
john
There is no operating system but linux and linus is its kernel maintainer.