[wplug] Installfest preperation - Observation from the front line

Michael Skowvron michaels at pittsburgh.sgi.com
Tue Aug 28 09:47:25 EDT 2001

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Zach Paine wrote:

> On Monday 27 August 2001 14:09, michaels wrote:
>
> > I once brought a really fast SGI server loaded with distributins
> > to an installfest in the hopes that people could do net installs.
>
> I agree.  Is there a chance you can bring it again?

I will make every effort to get the machine ready to bring to the next
installfest. I just need to find time to re-load the OS. It's only got
an 18GB drive in it now, so I'll be working to get an SGI XFS kernel
running so that I can hook up the 72GB SCSI box from the Irix machine.

I probably won't have time to populate it with all of the distros, so
we'll probably have to upload several distros from CD first thing in
the AM. That shouldn't be too bad. I'd only expect about 4-5 min / CD.

Michael