[wplug] Installfest preparation - Observation from the front line

Procario, Michael Michael.Procario at science.doe.gov
Tue Aug 28 09:28:30 EDT 2001

Slackware

-----Original Message-----
From: Evan DiBiase [mailto:evand at wplug.org]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 8:24 PM
To: wplug at wplug.org
Subject: Re: [wplug] Installfest preperation - Observation from the
front line

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Robert Dale wrote:

> Again, I wasn't there, but perhaps the contents, location, and how to
> access the server wasn't well advertised.  I'm sure we can make good use
> of it.

Definitely. Perhaps at the next install-fest we could have designated
volunteer "installers" who know the options available and are willing to
donate all/most of their time to helping others. I'd be happy to assist,
for one.

Also, I can burn CDs of major distributions for people without NICs. A
good list (IMHO) includes

* Red Hat
* Red Hat Beta (for crazy people)
* Debian potato