[wplug] Installfest preperation - Observation from the front line

Luquilla Hughes luquilla at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 25 10:54:07 EDT 2001

I agree with you. At the last installfest, I did not bring a machine but
instead assisted in getting the right people to help with 3 installs of
Linux. I think it was a good learning experience for me. I had to figure out
who to ask what, and what to ask who. I also was able to see how easy a
debian install was (I already knew about slackware(and RH)). IF there are
volunteers who would be willing to spend _SOME_ or all of there time at the
a secret.
If you have wanted to install Linux but are afraid to take the leap let me
know before the next installfest and maybe we can find somebody to match you
up with.

One last comment, For the person who is bringing the router. If they know
that they are set up for static IP's we should assign those to machines when
the come in the door.

Slackware for a better world... http://www.slackware.org/