[wplug] afpfs compilation problems

harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu
Fri Aug 24 20:35:33 EDT 2001

hey doug.

i dont know if they fixed it in redhat 7.1 but they were using an
experimetnal version of gcc in redhat 7.0. even if they moved to a more
stable version of gcc, 3.0 was released but it has alot of problems from
what i've read. not to be down on the gcc team or anything, but from what
i remember there are alot of bugs. so you could be using an experimental
version of gcc _or_ you could be using a really buggy version of a full
release.

--
john

Sometime in August Doug Green assaulted keyboard and produced...

|Hi-
|
|Does anyone have any idea why afpfs will NOT compile with RedHat 7.1
|(gcc version 2.96-85)? It compiled successfully under Mandrake 7.2
|(kernel 2.2.17). Unfortunately, I don't know what gcc that was... here
|is the ouput of the entire compilation before it chokes, and I am
|attatching the offending afpfs.c file...
|

|[root at fido afpfs]# make
|cc afpfs.c -c -Wall -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer
|-D_POSIX_SOURCE -fstrict-prototypes  -D__KERNEL__ -O2
|-I/usr/src/linux-2.4.2/include -malign-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2
|-malign-functions=2 -DMODULE -include
|/usr/src/linux-2.4.2/include/linux/modversions.h  -DMODVERSIONS
|-DEXPORT_SYMTAB  -o kernel/afpfs.o