[wplug] Thanks.

Doug Green doug.green at verizon.net
Thu Aug 23 16:02:05 EDT 2001

OK total confusion: here's the deal...

I migrate between work and home with my laptop, so I have 2 pop accounts
and I need to be able to send from each of them (ie: I need to send as
green at np.awing.upmc.edu at work AND doug.green at verizon.net from home).
There MUST be a way to send email so that the "from" header reads
whatever is appropriate within either pine or mutt (so that people can
"reply" without manually inputting the correct email address). I
currently do this by selecting "Send As" in Evolution and choosing the
appropriate setting depending on whether I am home or at work.

Ideally this is what I'd like to have: my incoming mail will come into 2
mailbox folders "work" and "home". When I send an email in the "work"
folder, I'd like the email header to read "from:green at np.awing.upmc.edu"
and when I send email from "home" I'd like it to read
"from:doug.green at verizon.net". That way when people hit "reply" it will
go to the correct place.

Each of these accounts has it's own smtp service for outgoing mail, but
it would be nice to NOT have to rely on it (particularly the
np.awing.upmc.edu as it crashes frequently).

Hopefully this explains my questions about sendmail. It seems as though
there must be a way to configure things to work, either within the pine
configuration or sendmail's config. Unfortunately, I haven't figured it
out yet. Thanks again for the help- if anyone feels like throwing in
their 2 cents, please do so. If this topic is getting long winded on the
mailing list, please feel free to email me directly. Thanks!

Doug