[wplug] CUPS and Mandrake 7.0?

Elwin Green bekitemba at excite.com
Mon Aug 20 17:21:35 EDT 2001

Hello all -

I have a Lexmark 3200 printer which I would like to use under Mandrake 7.0.
There's no native Linux driver. I found a homebrewed one online (at
http://www.geocities.com/dgordini), but the author himself recommends that
M7 users try CUPS instead:

"I've been told by Till Kamppeter that the procedure to upgrade to the CUPS
printing system for Mandrake 7.1 should also work with Mandrake 7.0. So If
you own a Mandrake 7.0/7.1 and a Lexmark 3200, it's likely that the best way
to get your printer to work would be to follow those instructions."

Well, I took a look at those instructions
(http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/hardware/hcups11.html), and frankly, as a
novitiate, I'm intimidated.

Has anyone upgraded their Mandrake 7.0 to CUPS, or otherwise made a Lexmark
3200 work under Mandrake 7.0? If so, please email me. Thanks!

E.