[wplug] Loki Soft

coldfire rolick571 at duq.edu
Wed Aug 15 11:11:14 EDT 2001

> I hate see that Loki isn't doing too hot. I think they are one of the most
> important and needed Linux companies out there today.

*sob* .. give me loki or give me death! ...

however, it seems as if they're still kicking pretty good though .. they
just released the demo for kohan a few days ago.

to touch on the quake3arena sales .. loki tried to be nice and just
released the linux binaries.  get the latest patch and a copy of pak0.pak
(from the *cough* windows *cough* cd) and you've got it made.  since
everyone already bought (or pirated) the windows version, this was the
easiest route.

the same case for unreal tournament and possibly others.

now they are releasing the linux versions entirely independent of the
windows versions to try and force the sales of their products.  well, it
worked with me.  i bought tribes2 for windows because i couldn't wait to
play it (the store didn't have the linux version of course).  i'm still
buying the linux version.  :)

coldie