[wplug] Is DSL Verizon blocking HTTP requests for clients running HTTP servers?

Josue Batista josue_batista at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 08:12:18 EDT 2001

Good morning everyone,

If anyone of you is a Verizon DSL customer, running an
HTTP server, have you experience problems getting http
requests from the Internet into your server?

On Tuesday 08/07, my Linux-Apache server stopped
receiving http requests.  The last request to appear
on the access_log was recorded about 5:00 a.m. on
Tuesday.

tcpdump shows NO activity on the interface connected
to the DSL modem when sending a request from an
external browser.  However, my Linux box has NO
problems accepting PING, TELNET and other services;
and, Apache works fine within my own LAN.  In fact,
the other PCs in my LAN has NO problems connecting to
the Internet via the Linux box.  It appears that all
the sudden I have only "one-way" access to the
Internet for http services.  I'm able to browse the
web from my own LAN, but somehow http request from the
outside are not hitting my box.

Is Verizon blocking http packets on its DSL service?
I'll place a tech support call today anyway.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

-- Josue

=====
- ABC Tech Solutions
http://www.abcsolutions.org
[Java/Oracle/Linux] [C/S & Internet Database Apps]