[wplug] networking security

Smith, Edward ESmith at Interactive-media.com
Mon Apr 30 09:11:02 EDT 2001

>I'd look at renting the modem (it's part of the monthly fees and you'd be
>paying it anyway) and get a linksys hub/firewall if you need it. Using
cable
>for two years, I use an RH6.2 P100 machine to do NAT, firewall, apache, and
>sendmail and haven't been hacked.

I actually use one of those 4-port Linksys boxes as my
hub/switch/router/gateway/simple FW.

So far i've been pretty happy with it except that you can only forward 10
port ranges in from the outside world. Which if your not running any servers
isn't a problem.

-Ed