[wplug] CD Audio Troubles

cep at andrew.cmu.edu cep at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Apr 30 04:16:51 EDT 2001

Hey all. Haven't been to a meeting in way too long, or wrote in this mailing
list. Stupid courseload...

Anyway, I have a peculiar problem in which I can't seem to play an audio CD
in linux. It does work in windows. In linux I can read data cds, rip audio
cds, burn cds, just can't play audio cds. I have the device set to 666, owner
root. I have /dev/cdrom point to /dev/hdc (which is the cd drive). The only
thing quirky about my setup is the scsi emulation (kernel boot parameter
hdc=ide-scsi). I even tried using /dev/scd0 or /dev/sg0 with no success. My
main test program was kscd, part of the kde 2.2.1 package. I get an "ejected"
error. Freeamp and Xmms also fails to play the cds. Drive is a plextor cd
(re)writer with burnproof.

Carm (btw, when is the next lug meeting?)