[wplug] ide burner question

Hagbard Celine hceline at softhome.net
Sat Apr 28 01:49:32 EDT 2001

A CD-ROM app should, as a matter of course, write to /dev/cdrom.  In turn,
/dev/cdrom is a symlink to a special device file.

I run *all* my CD-ROM drives, burners or not, on SCSI emulation, and have *no*
IDE CD-ROM drivers loaded.  /dev/cdrom points to /dev/scd0 (each of my boxes
has one CD-ROM drive each).  Works like a charm, and I can even play audio on
my burners.

Hagbard