[wplug] New box

Rafael E. Herrera raffo at neuronet.pitt.edu
Fri Apr 27 13:52:34 EDT 2001

There are some notes on SCSI performance and some comments on IDE at:

http://www.tomshardware.com/storage/01q1/010129/index.html

If you can afford it and are a hardware junkie, scsi is the way to go.
I've many internal and external devices that I add or remove as I check
them out. Examples are scanners, DAT drives, CD-ROMs, HDs, etc. All I
need to do is set an SCSI ID and I'm set to go. With IDE one can only
have 4 devices (unless you have an additional controller) or you may
have to mess with parallel interfaces, etc. Of course, I'm talking about
what I do under Linux, I don't use Windows for any real work or play.

--
     Rafael