[wplug] New box

H. Lee Brinton 6xtippet at icubed.com
Wed Apr 25 09:00:27 EDT 2001

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 06:M:53AM -0400, harrold at sage.che.pitt.edu wrote:
>i agree with you on the hardrive front, but with cd burners i think the
>price is worth it. one of my prof's got a 12x ide burner, that cannot burn
>at 12x. he keeps getting buffer underruns. i dont know if he would have
>the same problem with a scsi drive, but i dont have trouble burning at 8
>speed while compressing mp3s and messing around on the web.

No doubt, scsi has a number of advantages. I just can not believe the price
differnce between ide and scsi devices.  I can see paying extra for a scsi
controller, but the devices should be cheaper than ide, each ide device has a
controler built in.  The only way to get the prices to come down is to tell
the manufacuturers that we will not pay these inflated prices.

>windows 2000 may be perfect and never crash, but i'm one of those crazy
>people who thinks microsoft is evil. that is the reason i say: microwave
>it : )
You are not crazy, Microsoft IS evil.  But they are an evil company that after
10 years of massive development has finally produced what appears as a stable
OS, that I am forced to use.

Lee Brinton | 6xtippet at icubed.com
PGP public key @ http://www.icubed.com/~6xtippet/pgp-public-key.asc
When campaigning, be swift as the wind; in leisurely march, majestic
as the forest; in raiding and plundering, like fire; in standing,
firm as the mountains. As unfathomable as the clouds, move like a
thunderbolt.
	-- Sun Tzu. "The Art of War"