[wplug] New box

David G Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Wed Apr 25 00:59:52 EDT 2001

The cdrecord software used to burn cd's under Linux doesn't directly
address IDE drives.  You have to fool it into thinking it's talking to a
scsi drive.  When you configure your burner (and this will depend a lot on
which distro you go with), you'll need to configure scsi support (even
though you don't have any scsi devices) and scsi emulation.  Zach Paine
had suggestions for this a post back or so.  It sounds kind of flaky but
it works.  Be careful, however.  I did this incorrectly the first time and
couldn't use the drive at all until someone came and sorted it out for me.
Read the CD-Burning mini-howto.
-dgm