[wplug] Re: wplug digest, Vol 1 #141 - 15 msgs

Sean Fulton pogue at mail.ru
Tue Apr 24 12:22:55 EDT 2001

You'll definitely need to read these before you get it:

CD-Writing HowTo
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html
- with special attention to the ide-scsi stuff

NVidia Linux Drivers
http://www.nvidia.com/Products/Drivers.nsf/Linux.html
http://www.nvidia.com/Products/OpenLinuxDwn.nsf/09769readmefaq
- note: if you're using RedHat 7.1 you might have to get the kernel
driver source rpms and do a 'rpm --rebuild'. the kernel will still
complain about symbols but it'll work. you'll probably have to do
without AGP until NVidia updates their drivers. The NVidia agp driver
won't load for me, agpgart will load but my system was unstable with it.

I've been through this with a GeForce2 MX-Plextor 12/10/32-RedHat and
it's really quite painless. When you install Linux, don't set the init
to runlevel 5 initially. Do the NVidia voodoo dance first.

	Sean