[wplug] unsuccessful KDE 2.1 upgrade on Mandrake 7.2

T Quine quining at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 21 18:39:06 EDT 2001

I suggest you use whatever 'failsafe' option, possibly not use the graphical
login tool.  That way you could start up X without running a window manager.
  Just an xterm.  Then, try starting kde (with the command, startkde ( ?
I'm not familiar with kde)).  Hopefully, you'll get errors logged to
terminal you started it from.  That might help.

I you can only start kde from root, it makes me think it's a permission
problem with the kde install.  How did you install it?  Packages?  From
source?

-quining-