[wplug] Low-latency patches for 2.4 kernels?

David G Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Tue Apr 17 17:19:17 EDT 2001

Awhile back I had read about some patches for 2.2.x series kernels to
improve latency and general system throughput.  Does anyone know of any
similar patches for 2.4.x kernels?  I'm using a self-compiled 2.4.3
kernel, and I've been experiencing some audio break-up on the audio apps
that I use, especially with larger soundfiles, despite a reasonably fast
machine ( 600 Mhz Duron) and a dedicated hard disk for audio. (The disk is
an ATA/66.)  Would a low-latency kernel help with this sort of thing?
-dgm