[wplug] which one?

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Wed Apr 11 16:16:11 EDT 2001

For what it's worth:  At a recent conference, IBM identified their
preferred distros as:  SUSE, TurboLinux, RedHat, and Caldera.  This is
from a corporate standpoint where they look at enterprise support,
training, certification, etc.  In the general market, Mandrake is the
number one choice on individual desktops, but it has been missing out in
the corporate market.  To put IBM's mention into perspective, IBM plans
to put $1 Billion into Linux development this year and betting the
future of the company on open source.  I guess that's a lot of $.02
worth on their part.

Dave