[wplug] fetchmail?

Doug Green doug.green at verizon.net
Mon Apr 9 00:06:39 EDT 2001

Does anyone have any good pointers for setting up fetchmail and sendmail?
I used fetchmailconf, but I noticed a couple things I really didn't like. For
openers, it stores my password in clear text (in the .fetchmailrc file). The
second problem is that it just didn't work (says it can't sync with my
mailserver).
I would like to have it retreive email from 3 different servers (two POP3,
one IMAP) and drop them locally. Then I want sendmail to kick it from the
/var/spool/mail/user directory into a target ~/mail directory (or something
like that).
A sample .fetchmailrc file (minus your pass) would be really helpful, or a
pointer in the right direction would be great.

Thanks
Doug