[wplug] which one?

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Sun Apr 8 17:55:27 EDT 2001

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, David Kochis wrote:

> Here is a broad question.  I am trying to decide which version of Linux
> to try.  I have looked into both Red Hat and Caldera.  I will be putting
> it on a dual pentium server with raid mirroring.  I am not an

I have attempted RAID-1 on Slackware installs, but have had little
success.  It worked right out of the box with Redhat v6.2.

> administrator or infastructure person.  I am interested in what others
> have seen and had luck with.  I hope to install Oracle on this server in
> the near future as well.

Oracle?  Redhat.  It will not function on anything else in my
experience (Slackware v7.0 and v7.1 gagged and died; Debian gagged and
died (I don't know if I did anything wrong on that one, though.))

Successful installation:  Redhat v6.2, Oracle 8.1.6.0.0.

-><-   Doctor Who -- KSV bani PLI -- finger for PGP/GnuPG public keys  -><-
'the road to self reliance is paved with paranoia'  -sw