[wplug] which one?

Doug Green doug.green at verizon.net
Sun Apr 8 00:16:22 EDT 2001

If you are going to run Oracle, I doubt that you'll be using this machine for
personal use. Something that may be more useful than shopping for a distro
could perhaps be to look into administrative solutions. I believe that RedHat
offers several levels of adminstrative support, and I know that there are
plenty of others.
My db knowledge is really really limited, but it seems reasonable to say that
your choice of distribution is probably less important than your choice of
support. Depending on your needs, you should probably also look at OpenBSD
and FreeBSD. I personally would NOT want to take the blame/credit for
maintaining the database info at my work unless I really knew what I was
doing (which I don't). Print server or proxy, sure... DB server... No Way. My
point is that you can probably use any distro that floats your boat, but
choose your support carefully. Just a thought...

Doug

PS- I know there are a couple guys that use Oracle- perhaps they'll tell you
what they use.