[wplug] System I.D.

Jack Detrick vze24938 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 6 13:12:21 EDT 2001

On Thursday 05 April 2001 17:28, you wrote:
> I got the idea when I couldn't get a system going from the
> Linux-From-Scratch HOWTO.  Seems Beekman was starting from a Debian system,
> while I was trying to start from Slackware.  I started researching,
> breaking systems wholesale, and Fnord is the result (for better or worse).

I've been on the LFS mailing lists for about a year now, and I've seen LFS
system builds completed on every distribution and distribution version you
can think of.  Some people have had problems, but when those problems
arose, a lot of them subscribed to the mailing lists and asked questions in
order to find a resolution to their problems (and I haven't seen a problem
go unresolved yet).  Not only can you subscribe to the lists and ask
questions, but the lists are archived and can be searched at
http://search.linuxfromscratch.org  The archive is updated every night at
midnight.  Also, you can visit #lfs at irc.linuxfromscratch.org to get more
immediate responses to your questions.
If I were to have a bit of trouble at something on the first try (or even a
few subsequent tries) and then say the whole project was bunk, I wouldn't be
using Linux.  However, wherever help or documentation could fix my problems,
I took advantage of the situation and I've been using Linux faithfully for
years.