[wplug] System I.D.

Hagbard Celine hceline at softhome.net
Thu Apr 5 17:28:05 EDT 2001

> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Hagbard Celine wrote:
>
> > Ya like the way I slipped that one in there?  Hell, if I do it right, I'll
>
> <amused chuckle>
>
> > have the docs finished by June, and the whole world can say:  "Huh?" :o)
>
> The world's first invisible distro..  I like it.  You might want to set up
> a very tight packet filtering scheme for the default installation as a
> reference to this..

Seriously, though...  I am in the process of trying to finish the docs on this
one.  I have it running on three machines in two versions.  What little I have
so far is at http://www.icubed.com/~fnordnet .  There's even a patch for the
sharutils-4.2.1 (I think that's the version) that fixes up a couple of broken
language catalogues...

I got the idea when I couldn't get a system going from the Linux-From-Scratch
HOWTO.  Seems Beekman was starting from a Debian system, while I was trying to
start from Slackware.  I started researching, breaking systems wholesale, and
Fnord is the result (for better or worse).

Oh...  The target date of 1 Jan 2001 came and went.  Such are deadlines...

Hagbard