[wplug] ADSL is up.

Doug Green doug.green at verizon.net
Tue Apr 3 20:14:35 EDT 2001

Thanks to everyone for the help. My ADSL is back up and running perfectly.

For the benefit of anyone who may find themselves in a similar situation in
the future, the problem was that Plug & Play was enabled in the bios. I don't
know why the card worked before, then didn't work on re-install... but the
second I discovered that P&P was enabled, I disabled it and things ran as to
be expected.

So, again, for the benefit of anyone who runs into strange hardware problems,
consider your bios settings and be sure to disable P&P.

Thanks again...

Doug

PS- I have a <really> old cirrus logic VGA card (ISA slot) if anybody wants
it. It would probably be really cool with an old amber screen monitor... ;)