[wplug] Re: cable modem

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Wed Nov 22 19:59:37 EST 2000

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Bill Powell wrote:

> Will the same procedure work with AT&T at home or will I have to manually enter all
> the host and routing information?  I have been so busy, I haven't had a chance

I have not tried a dynamic IP with @home, but a static IP address works
with no problems at all.

> to try it out.  It is running on my windoze box.  I have briefly looked, but
> didn't find any recent How-to's that really applied.

I see no reason why DHCP would not work with an @home connection, but I do
not use one myself.  Does anyone have any experience with this?

-><-   Doctor Who -- KSV bani PLI -- finger for PGP/GnuPG public keys  -><-
(c) Copywight 1992 Elmer Fudd. All wights wesewved.