[wplug] Printing across SMB

Zach Paine zman at angstrom.net
Fri Nov 17 18:30:17 EST 2000

Greetings,
	I need to setup my newly installed Debian box to print across my
	network to my parents' HP OfficeJet 350 on a windows box.  Before
	anyone naysays, I have to say that it has worked in the past.  Before
	I re-installed I could print anything to it through SMB.  Now I'm
	having trouble doing it.  I can use smbprint as an if in
	/etc/printcap, but I can only print ugly ascii.  I'm trying to use
	redhat's printtool to setup the correct filter to print.  I believe I
	was using the Deskjet 500 filter earlier.  Anyways, as soon as I
	enable any filters, and the if becomes
	/usr/share/printtool/master-filter, which is a script that is supposed
	to take input convert it to an appropriate format and send it off to
	smbprint.  It never reaches smbprint.  Any advice about getting this
	to work?

	Thanks,
	zman
--