[wplug] mod_gzip with Apache 1.3.14

Ryan Brown rbrown at theburgh.net
Sat Dec 30 19:06:03 EST 2000

Update...

I got it compiled with this:

 /usr/local/apachessl/bin/apxs -i -a -c mod_gzip.c

It compiles, copies itself to /libexec (I was sure to remove all traces of
the other install attempt before doing this...) and it added the lines to
httpd.conf (I verified they were there)

After an Apache restart Server-status shows:

Server Version: Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.7.1 OpenSSL/0.9.6
(+mod_gzip/1.3.14.6e)
Server Built: Dec 29 2000 18:52:12

So then I try:
http://www.tbns.net/mod_gzip_command_showstats
http://www.tbns.net/mod_gzip_command_version

And I get File Not Found.

So I added: mod_gzip_on yes in httpd.conf, restarted apache again...
http://www.tbns.net/mod_gzip_command_showstats

Now it shows this:

mod_gzip is available on this Server
mod_gzip version = 1.3.14.6e

The 'mod_gzip_command_showstats' command has been temporarily removed.

So... Any idea how to get that working?

Ryan