[wplug] mod_gzip with Apache 1.3.14

jmh3 at linuxfreak.com jmh3 at linuxfreak.com
Sat Dec 30 18:52:54 EST 2000

On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Ryan Brown wrote:

> Recently  I just compiled Apache 1.3.14 with SSL, doing the DSO method.
>
> So this morning I try to add mod_gzip.so , I place it in the ../libexec
> folder, and add the lines in httpd.conf, LoadModule and AddModule for it.
>
> When I restart Apache I get:
>
> [Sat Dec 30 12:43:53 2000] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_gzip.so uses plain
> Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it
> with -DEAPI)
>
> mod_gzip has an RPM to fix this.. but I don't use apache RPM's so this won't
> work either.
couldn't you get the rpm, extract the files and put them in the correct
place? i dont know how to extract the files so i would just install it,
list the files (rpm -ql modwhatever.rpm) copy them to some temp area, and
then uninstall the rpm. then put the files whereever they need to go?

how many files are in the rpm?

john