[wplug] mod_gzip with Apache 1.3.14

Ryan Brown rbrown at theburgh.net
Sat Dec 30 12:54:28 EST 2000

Recently  I just compiled Apache 1.3.14 with SSL, doing the DSO method.

So this morning I try to add mod_gzip.so , I place it in the ../libexec
folder, and add the lines in httpd.conf, LoadModule and AddModule for it.

When I restart Apache I get:

[Sat Dec 30 12:43:53 2000] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_gzip.so uses plain
Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it
with -DEAPI)

mod_gzip has an RPM to fix this.. but I don't use apache RPM's so this won't
work either.

I tried to get the mod_gzip.c and do apxs -i -a -c mod_gzip.c but I get
errors galore =)

Any easy fixes to my problem? I really don't wanna recompile apache and ssl
and all that =)

Ryan