[wplug] Beowulf 2.0 iso available

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Fri Dec 29 21:10:45 EST 2000

I see that Beowulf 2.0 (runs multiple computers as one larger
computer) is available for download as an iso from Penn State's ftp
site.  At under 500 Kbytes/second it took me somewhere around a half
hour to download the full 666,000,000 byte file.  I'll have it
available for burning CD's at the next GUM and Installfest if
someone has a burner.

I noticed that the computers that are combined don't need to be of
identical processors or speeds; they don't even have to be very fast
(the first setup was with 486's).   Maybe we could try to Beowulf
the Unisys mini-computers or whatever anybody wants to add to the
mix.

If anybody is interested in trying a multi-computer test of this let
me know.  If you'd like to try it out at an installfest in the
future, we can discuss setting up something on the plan list.

Dave