[wplug] I did it, I ordered @home

Luquilla Hughes luquilla at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 27 13:29:56 EST 2000

Well, I finally did it I ordered @home internet service from AT&T. I have a
copy of win95 so they will come and set it up, but as you may have guessed,
that is not my prefered OS. <G>. So I was wondering if anyone could point me
to which Howto's I should be reading so I will be ready to switch over after
they install it.

I would also like to be able to network another machine in another room to
the connected box so that my wife can connect from downstairs instead of
having to go upstairs. (IOW, she would like to be able to get her email from
the nursery. Instead of having to baby-proof the upstairs office.)

I have 2 p166 compaq's (running win9x) with etherlink15xl cards(one upstairs
one down). they should be 10mbps. Also a p133 running slackware(7.1) with
10/100 supported card(upstairs). I also have a $5 10mbps(supported) card
ready to be put into the box going out to @home after the install guy
leaves. I have not bought a hub/switch yet so I am open to suggestions.

So I think all need after they connect is; patch cables, a hub, and a clue.

Thanks in advance.