[wplug] TekRam & Plextor

jjlasalle jjlasalle at home.com
Sun Dec 24 09:12:54 EST 2000

Santa brought me a TekRam dc390u2w SCSI controller. Red Hat 6.2 found it
with Kudzu no problem. Also found my Seagate Scorpion DDS2 tape drive. RH
6.2 will NOT find my Plextor CDROM drive.  The tape drive terminates the
SCSI chain with ID3. The Plextor sits in the middle with ID 5.  The SCSI
BIOS finds both devices and booting from an MSDOS floppy allows me to read
the Plextor drive. I tried mounting /dev/sr0 and /dev/sdc0 without success.
I looked through dmesg but there is not mention of a SCSI CDROM. What to
try next? I never installed a SCSI tape drive under RH so I was expecting
trouble there. Go figure. :)