[wplug] A question about the list.

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Fri Dec 22 18:59:16 EST 2000

Yes, and remarkably well.  This has been my work around for the delay problem
with incoming email (incoming seems to be the problem, so I haven't tried
outgoing).  I just use it for organizational email for the most part, though.

Since my external pop3 accounts are under various group names and can't be used
for list volumes, I have had to rely on @home.com to capture list traffic.  Of
course, with WPLUG lists there is one other work around that I have found very
acceptable.  I simply bookmarked the archive pages and check them after I check
my email.  The only problem with that was when the switch to mailman was made
and the archive connection had something incorrectly set which made it
inaccessible, but it's been fixed for a while.

With this setup it's much faster with @home.com getting email from external
providers than directly dialing those accounts.  The problem seems to be a
lingering one with @home's pop3 server not being able to handle the volumes of
incoming email it must be seeing.  Taking into account the exceptional transfer
speeds still possible, this is an annoyance that, while frustrating, is more
humorous than aggravating.

Dave

=======