[wplug] New content for Jonathan (GNUCASH tales II)

Smith, Edward ESmith at Interactive-media.com
Tue Dec 19 14:10:10 EST 2000

Ahhhhh..... Content is GOOD.

Anyway, I too have been using GNUCach since about September and I haven't
had any trouble. I grabbed the RPM for my RedHat box at home and its been
solid as anything. I even left it open and kept referring to it for about 3
or 4 days with no problems.

Now that's the RPM though. Here at work I have a Slackware box and I
compiled 1.4.8 from the sources. I did have a similar problem with the
libraries and for the life of me I can't remember what I did to fix it. I
believe I made a symlink somewhere and it all worked fine after that.

I've been using for a while now with no problems (both here and at home). I
really don't see myself switching back to any windows version (quicken or
Money). GNUCash is extremely Flexible, Much more so than MS Money and it's
like. I highly recommend it. If I can figure what I did to solve the SWIG
problem I'll pass that along too. I'll have to get time to look into it.

-Ed

--
Edward C. Smith
CBT - Multimedia Developer