[wplug] Re: dhcp on @home.com

lt ltost at pobox.com
Sun Dec 17 22:11:26 EST 2000

David Tessitor wrote:
> failed" response.   Also, since these distributions use pump as the
> primary dhcp program and since there is a plethora of inter-referenced
> scripts, the scripting is not easily editable to insert the dhcpcd
> command and arguments.

For RedHat, I would think that just changing "/sbin/pump" to
"/path/to/dhcpcd" in the following would do the trick.  As you can see,
PUMPARGS is already set to what you need it to be even for dhcpcd (as
long as you set DHCP_HOSTNAME somewhere).

[lmt at hiro network-scripts]$ egrep "pump|PUMPARGS" *
ifdown: pump -r -i ${DEVICE}
ifup:    PUMPARGS=
ifup:       PUMPARGS="-h $DHCP_HOSTNAME"
ifup:       PUMPARGS="$PUMPARGS --lookup-hostname"
ifup:    if /sbin/pump $PUMPARGS -i $DEVICE ; then

I'm not sure what you would want to do in ifdown.. probably nothing
really.

Lance Tost, ltost at pobox.com

Tip of the moment:
Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.