[wplug] mini-computers available cheap ($15?)

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Fri Dec 15 12:48:34 EST 2000

I put OpenBSD on one via an ftp install.  Downloading from PennState  took 7
minutes, 47 seconds over home cable.  (For some reason, OpenBSD has no trouble
automatically dhcping @home but I still haven't gotten any Linux on any
machine to do it automatically yet, though I can do it in Linux OK using a
term window.)

In the one I just did, I had a nic with IRQ 10, 0x300.  I used a 3Com program
to change the IRQ of a 3C509 which I added without any trouble to make it a
firewall router.

Dave