[wplug] Virtual Hosts

Robert Dale rdale at wplug.org
Tue Dec 12 12:26:52 EST 2000

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Dr.SDM wrote:

> Does anyone have any knowledge or understand the concept of Virtual Hosts.
> It is to my understanding that you can use a virtual domain name with your
> existing name.  If anyone has any comments please let me know.

Names are mapped to IPs.  You can have one or more names to one or more IPs.
A machine can have one or more IPs.  This means you can have many hosts on
one machine.  Since a single host isn't dedicated to this one machine, all
the hosts are virtual.  Implementation is application-specific.

--
Robert Dale

		Vive le wplug!