[wplug] 2 Random Questions

Robert Dale rdale at wplug.org
Tue Dec 12 12:21:10 EST 2000

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, David G Matthews wrote:

> Random Question #1:
> At boot time, I get the message "IDE: Assuming a 33 Mhz bus" or something
> to that effect (I can't remember the exact line).  Since I actually have a
> 66 Mhz IDE controller and drive, I would prefer not to be running at 33
> mhz.  Do I need to modify a file, and if so, which one?

The 33MHz bus is WRT the PCI bus.  This has nothing to do with drive
speed.  But if you think your PCI bus can handle 66MHz, you can set that
option by passing the kernel 'idebus=66'.  If you want UDMA66, grab a
2.4 kernel (perhaps it has been back-ported to the 2.2 kernels, but I
haven't used them for so long).

--
Robert Dale

		Vive le wplug!