[wplug] ISP providers in Pittsburgh?

Mark Dzmura mdz at digital-mission.com
Tue Dec 5 00:24:03 EST 2000

Fellow WPLUG'ers:

I try to avoid shameless advertising in a forum such as this, but - given the recent
discussion thread on ISP's - I think folks on the list should be aware that we at
Digital Mission LLC / digipath (who have been hosting the WPLUG web server
for almost two years) offer a full line of connectivity services, in addition to our
hosting and colocation services.

Our dialup service is normally $19.95/month, but we offer a $5/month discount -that's $14.95/month -
to Linux users (that is, to folks connecting with Linux boxes - we can tell!).  Our service is very reliable
and uptime is extremely good (we had a total of 20 HOURS of downtime last year, due to two separate
incidents (beyond our control) in which fibers were cut - and which brought down other providers and
hundreds of local businesses.

Our basic dialup includes unlimited access, personal web page, 10 MB of disk space, etc...
We are presently testing our web-based secure email access - it needs some polishing on the HTML -
and expect to have it fully operational before Jan 1 2001.  With regard to specific things that you
might want: as some of your fellow WPLUG'ers could tell you, we are a lot more flexible than the
competition, and we understand YOUR platform - our infrastructure is built almost entirely on
Linux (with a little bit of Solaris for good measure.)

In addition to dialup, we also offer DSL services.  Due to the nature of the industry, we haven't
yet found a way to be competivive with ADSL pricing, but our business-oriented SDSL
services are both price-competitive and high-performance.

Our managed virtual hosting, managed/unmanaged server co-location, and shopping cart/
e-commerce services are flexible, featureful, and reasonably priced.

Once again, I apologize for the shameless commerce, but felt that we have an option that
WPLUG'ers should know about.  If you are interested in these or any of our other services,
please contact us as follows:

    * email to me, Rob Dale, or sales at digipath.net
    * Rob Dale is usually on IRC
    * our sales # is 412-429-6002