[wplug-web] Re: WPLUG Website

Bruno Pierri Galvao vendicate at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 00:23:10 EDT 2006

Alright, why no Tikiwiki? You can get it installed in 5 minutes,
customized in 30 minutes, and has one central login system integrated
with all the modules (forums, chat, blog, etcetera)

User friendly, much involvment in development, great support, and most
of all, "everyone uses it"

--bruno

On 7/25/06, Vance Kochenderfer <vkochend at nyx.net> wrote:
> Mark Dalrymple wrote:
> > not necessarily time :-)  One thing I don't want to happen is to
> > jettison a working system in favor of a new regime that never gets
> > finished.  Once there's a working development site somewhere, I'd be
>
> It's absolutely right to be wary of switching over to something
> that may be half-baked.  But I'm equally concerned that you and
> jo2y are (AFAIK) the only WPLUGers who know OpenACS, and your time
> is spoken for by The Collective.
>
> If we can get people up to speed on OpenACS to add the
> functionality we're looking for, great.  I tried reading the
> documentation and was utterly baffled (which admittedly isn't too
> difficult to do).
>
> As I said on -plan, the server is going to be run by whatever
> volunteer labor we can scrounge up, so IMO the best CMS is
> "whatever everyone else is using."
>
> I'm also not too sure about bolting on MediaWiki and other
> services to the existing site, since that adds yet another access
> control system to keep current and more packages to maintain.
>
> That's one man's semi-informed opinion, anyway.
>
> Vance Kochenderfer        |  "Get me out of these ropes and into a
> vkochend at nyx.net          |   good belt of Scotch"    -Nick Danger

     Bruno Pierri Galvao
<http://thearchive.ath.cx>