[wplug-web] Re: Need Help?

michael at smith-li.com michael at smith-li.com
Mon Oct 18 23:20:40 EDT 2004

Well, I've attached my draft/proof-of-concept/prototype redesign for the
page here for anyone who wants to take a look. I got rid of all the table
tags and rearranged stuff quite a bit, but feel free to tell me "We Can't
Do That" (tm) (Because I don't know what we can and can't do, yet.)

Also wanted are candid-but-helpful-only-please comments on what you think
of my redesign, how it will act on different pages other than the home
page, and anything at all that you think will improve it without slowing
it down too much or making it violate W3C standards.

Note that the design I made has only been tested in mozilla 1.7.3, and
therefore I expect it to work on any browser except IE. I know plenty of
IE workarounds, but I wanted to get feedback on the design before I
worried too much about making it look good in IE.

Thanks,
Mike

--------

Hey Kojiro,

> I did a mock up of the wplug.org home
> page, changing the code, but almost none of the content.

That would be rule(tm).  The "upcoming meetings" at the top and the side
are auto-generated from code.  If there's a set of CSS marklar we can add
to those to make your life easier, that would be cool.

Currently the "design" is stuff cobbled together while we were waiting
(for several years now) for some folks to Do Something.

Thanks,
++markd2