[wplug-web] Wiki and Planet

J Aaron Farr jaaronfarr at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 21:50:17 EDT 2004

Hello.

It's been a while since I've been very active in wplug, but I hope to be around
a bit more now.

Anyway, a long time ago I suggested setting up a wiki on wplug.org that could
be used for an FAQ and to store other interesting linux docs.  Something that
the general users list could contribute to fairly painlessly.  Since the time I
first made the suggestion I've installed and maintained a few wiki sites
including the MoinMoin wiki over at wiki.apache.org.  I'd be more than willing
to help set one up for wplug if anyone is still interested.

And while I'm giving out suggestions, what about a wplug "planet" site?  I know
not everyone likes blogs, but it shouldn't be too hard to install PlanetPlanet
[1] which could aggregate wplug bloggers.  I really enjoy the one we have for
the ASF (http://planetapache.org).  I haven't installed planet before, but,
hey, it can't be *that* hard, can it? :)

If there is interest, let me know.

Thanks,
jaaron

[1] http://www.planetplanet.org/

PS: I'd like to switch my subcribed email address to farra at apache.org from my
yahoo address.  Can I just resubscribe or is this list moderated?