[wplug-web] Happy New School Year!

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Tue Sep 9 12:18:48 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, Mark Dalrymple said:

> > I was wondering if we might add a bit of functionality
> > to the web page.  A "to do" list.

I'm not opposed to this, I'm just not convinced a technology solution will
cure a social problem (apathy/laziness).

> One thing that's been holding me back (aside from the usual time
> constraints) is the "merging of the list user/passwords and the
> website user/passwords" thing.  I haven't wanted to do too much
> involving things that would require egistration (like "I'm
> volunteering to clean up monkeybot's cage") until we got
> that ironed out.

I've kinda hoped that someone in the mailman team would write an SQL
plugin if we waited long enough. :) I'll check their mailing lis
What we could do, is create the table changes we expect are needed and
I'll hook mailman in later.

-james