[wplug-web] Re: [wplug] Neverwinter Nights

J Aaron Farr jaaronfarr at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 10:50:48 EDT 2003

[comments below]

--- bgtrio at yahoo.com wrote:
> I bought this game the day the linux client was released, but I haven't
> played much yet.  I wonder if there's enough interest to start a regular
> wplug network gaming extravaganza; maybe once or twice a month someone
> hosts a game of the fps/rts/rpg du jour?  Just a thought.  I'm thinking
> virtual (e.g., everyone connects from home) but of course a LAN game
> somewhere or perhaps even a hybrid (come if you can, connect up if you
> can't) sort of setup could work.
>
> I wouldn't mind a little q3/wc3/diablo2/ut2k/nwn/etc with y'all.  A little
> smack talk always helps to build a thriving community :)
>
> Bryon
>
> On 1 May 2003, John Strange wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I setup a neverwinter nights server at gateway.strangeness.org if anyone
> > wants to fire up the linux client to play :)
> >
> > If anyone is an avid player suggestions on good modules to load would be
> > nice.
> >
> > - John

This sounds WONDERFUL!  :)

I had a NWN server up for a while at jadetower.org (see
http://www.jadetower.org/dungeon/), but it's down right now.  I'd love to join
in on NWN or any other WPLUG gaming group.

Hmmm... if there's enough interest in this we should put together a gaming
section for WPLUG.org -- forums, gaming events, tournaments, top scores.  I
could even host it temporarily on my site.

jaaron