[wplug-web] race condition in openacs?

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Mon Mar 24 22:38:38 EST 2003

> When we restarted penguin, 8081 didn't restart. I tracked it down to the
> wrong/bad pid in /var/www/www.wplug.org-tng/log/nspid.wplug

interesting.  When started with -ikt (the 'k' for kill), it tries to kill
the pid in question, and then if the process doesn't exist, it keeps going
with the startup.  I guess the existenace of another process
(openacs isn't in effect at this time.  It's like saying PHP is listening
on port 80)

for now, could you change the startup flags to just -it (instead of -ikt)?
For our setup there's not much need for killing the previous server if
one is running.

Wheee,
++md